For the protection of all our patients and staff due the outbreak of COVID-19, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting any symptoms, we request you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment.
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to an area with large outbreaks of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
Some of the protocols in place for your next appointment include:
· Our office will communicate with you beforehand to cover some pre-appointment screening questions.
· Along with taking your temperature, you will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office for your appointment.
· You will be requested to wear a face mask/covering to your appointment.
· When you arrive at our office, we ask that you utilize our new curbside waiting to reduce social contact. Please stay in your car and call the front desk (972-423-4595) to let them know that you have arrived. (If you do not arrive by car, or cannot stay in your car, please let us know.) One of our staff will arrange to meet you in the building lobby and escort you into our office and your designated treatment room.
· Due to strict scheduling guidelines, we respectfully request that you be on time for your appointment. We highly suggest you arrive no more than 10 minutes early. Please alert us to any dental or other concerns you may have ahead of time.
· We prefer that only patients with appointments enter the office. As our waiting room is closed, companions could be asked to wait in the car. Should a companion be deemed essential, they will also be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
· We can unfortunately no longer offer blankets or headphones for your appointment. But, you are welcome to bring your own.
. Due to specialized equipment and extensive processes for disinfecting our equipment, we are able to offer Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) for an additional fee.
. We have found it necessary to impose a $10 fee due to the increased costs of providing additional PPE for our staff, disinfection equipment and barriers, and additional time required between each patient to adequately disinfect the treatment room. As costs become more normalized, we hope to eliminate this fee.
· We have hand sanitizer at the front desk that we ask you to use when first entering the office. You will also find additional hand sanitizer throughout our office for you to use as needed.
· Appointments will be managed to try to allow for social distancing between patients. Therefore, you may be asked to alter your original appointment time; and fewer options may be available for scheduling your appointment. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you and to allow for social distancing.
. While in our offices, please follow the general COVID-19 guidelines. For example, try and keep 6 feet from others when possible. Utilize appropriate hand hygiene (e.g., frequently using hand sanitizer and washing hands thoroughly with soap for 20 seconds; avoiding face touching), and respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette (e.g., cough into your elbow).
At any time during the 7 days following your appointment, please call our office and report any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 that you experience or anyone in your family or close contacts experience, and any COVID-19 test results.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus: